Katana amps have received worldwide acclaim for their authentic tube tone and feel, onboard BOSS effects, and exceptional value. The flagship Katana-Artist combo takes Katana performance to new heights, offering all the latest series features along with numerous refinements tailored for the needs of professional players. Outfitted with a premium 12-inch Waza speaker, semi-closed cabinet, newly retuned amp characters, and much more, the 100-watt Katana-Artist is a powerhouse tone machine for all types of music, from blues, jazz, and country to the heaviest rock styles.
Built for pro players, the 100-watt Katana-Artist combo features a new cabinet design with front-facing controls and a premium Waza 12-inch speaker. The semi-closed back is ideal for rock tones, and the tight, rugged construction produces rich, full sound with impressive projection. You can further tweak the response for your touch with the dedicated Cabinet Resonance control, which customizes the dynamic interaction between the amp’s output section and speaker. In addition, the sound and response of the Katana-Artist’s five amp characters have been fine-tuned to work in perfect harmony with the Waza speaker and new cabinet.
Newly refined specifically for the Katana-Artist, five selectable amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding. With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
While the Katana-Artist includes many advanced features, it’s amazingly simple to operate. Familiar controls for gain, presence, and the three-band tone stack let you dial in sounds quickly, while essential effects parameters are adjusted with a simple knob twist. And with the convenient Power Control, you’re able to roll back the overall volume while retaining the expressive tone and feel of a cranked-up amp. The Katana-Artist also features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with cabinet simulation, allowing you to send mic’d up amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. Using the panel’s Air Feel knob, the spatial character of the cab simulation can be instantly adjusted to suit different songs or styles.
A standout feature of the Katana-Artist is its custom Waza 12-inch speaker, which produces tones inspired by the benchmark 25-watt British stack speaker from the 1960s. BOSS set out to fully capture the rock speaker’s sought-after sound and response, but with the practical benefit of greatly increased power handling. Through detailed analysis of original speakers and careful selection of the magnet, cone material, and other construction elements, BOSS has fully realized this goal. Delivering rich, resonant tone with wide dynamic range, the Waza speaker brings the ultimate vintage rock sound to a compact 100-watt combo amp for the very first time.
At the BOSS Tone Central website, you’ll find numerous free amp and effects setups for the Katana series. Created by pro guitarists, these setups provide ready-to-play sounds for various music styles, and also make great starting points for building your own sounds. They load into the memories in a Katana amp via the BOSS Tone Studio editor software, which is also available at the site. In addition to Katana effects selection and customization, BOSS Tone Studio gives you a convenient way to organize all your Katana setups for different gigs, recordings, and practice sessions.
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and all the latest Katana features
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence for any performing situation
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers the authentic tone and highly musical response that Katana amps are noted for
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling capacity
- Newly designed cabinet with ultra-solid construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five unique amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artist’s cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 58 customizable BOSS effects and many effect routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central
**Pair this with GA-FC Foot controller for ultimate flexibility **
Item shown: Boss KTN-ARTIST Katana Guitar Amplifier
Model #: KTN-ARTIST