Compact and powerful, the 100-watt Katana-Head delivers sharply defined rock tones with rich, commanding presence. The amp also includes integrated access to a huge range of BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. And with the powerful onboard Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp channel setups and effects combinations for instant recall. In addition, the versatile Katana-Head is equipped with an effects loop and MIDI for integration with advanced rigs, and features a convenient built-in monitor speaker for tone preview and practice without a cab.
The feature-packed Katana Version 2 update adds many user-requested additions and enhancements to the Katana stage amp lineup. New SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects bring the total number to 58, and the Tone Setting memories have been doubled for even greater versatility while performing. The update also includes newly added channel and global EQs for refined tone-shaping, powerful Cabinet Resonance and Air Feel direct out functions derived from the Waza amp series, and many other great features.
Katana—the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan—is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic sword’s name with pride, the Katana series presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by generations of dedication and expertise. Born of the development process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps embody BOSS’s determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
With its built-in BOSS effects, the Katana-Head lets you perform anywhere with just a guitar and amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio via USB provides access to 58 fully-customizable effects, and you can load your favorites into the amp’s various effects sections. Going beyond standard distortion, delay, and reverb, the selection includes powerful tone-shapers like pitch shifting, ring mod, slicer, and many more. Newly added in Version 2, the SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects provide classic sounds that are a perfect match for the Katana’s Brown channel tones. Additional updates include the ability to use delay and delay-plus-reverb in the Reverb section, plus enhanced send/return routing for using favorite pedals and other external processing in the amp’s effects loop.
One of the Katana-Head’s most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp channel and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. The Version 2 update adds a second bank of Tone Settings, doubling the number of available memories from four to eight. Combined with the newly added channel and global parametric EQs (configurable in BOSS Tone Studio), this elevates the Katana-Head’s performance versatility to even higher levels. It’s easy to select Tone Settings and switch between the two banks from a panel button, an optional external footswitch, or MIDI.
While the Katana-Head includes many advanced features, it’s amazingly simple to operate. Familiar knobs for gain, three-band EQ, and presence let you quickly dial in your tone, just as you would with any standard amp. Essential effects parameters are adjusted with a simple knob twist, and Tone Settings can be stored with a brief button hold. And with the convenient Power Control, you can roll back the volume for small stages and home playing while retaining the expressive tone and feel of a cranked-up amp.
The Katana-Head’s speaker out supports connection to your favorite 8-ohm or 16-ohm cabinet. And with the handy built-in monitor speaker, you’re able to check tones and practice anywhere without having to hook up a cab at all. The Katana-Head also features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with cabinet simulation, allowing you to send mic’d up amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones for quiet practice. Version 2 further enhances this capability with three Air Feel settings derived from the flagship Waza amps. Advanced players will appreciate the MIDI input, which enables easy integration with MIDI controllers and switching devices.
**Pair this with matching amp cover BAC-KTNHEAD and matching 2×12 Cabinet KTN-CAB212 as well as GA-FC Foot controller **
- Light and portable 100-watt amplifier head with powerful, gig-ready sound
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Integrated 5-inch monitor speaker for practice without an external cab
- MIDI input for Tone Setting selection and effects on/off from a MIDI foot controller
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Tone Setting memories increased from four to eight (two banks of four)
- Access to 58 total effects (SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E types added)
- Full-time channel and global parametric EQs for refined tone shaping
- Three Cabinet Resonance types adjust the interaction between the amp’s output section and speaker, enabling you to fine-tune the feel and tone of the amp
- Cabinet simulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs enhanced with three Air Feel settings for adding depth and dimension to direct tones
- Reverb section now supports delay and delay-plus-reverb in addition to reverb only
- Expanded send/return routing options for inserting external processing in the effects loop
Item shown: Boss KTN-HEAD Katana Guitar Amplifier Head
Model #: KTN-HEAD