Infinitely inspiring, the RC-505 Loop Station has become an essential performance instrument for beatboxers, singers, and club performers around the world. Filled with new features requested by top users, the Version 2.0 update brings even more creative power to the flagship tabletop looper. Simultaneous effects can now be used in the Input FX and Track FX sections, and a number of new effects types are included. Many refinements to the loop functionality offer a multitude of ways to enhance and improve live performances. The control target functions have been greatly expanded as well, providing a wealth of external control options for musicians who loop with guitars, keyboards, and other instruments.
The RC-505 features five stereo phrase tracks that can play simultaneously, the most yet in a BOSS Loop Station. Independent record/overdub/play and stop buttons for each track let you capture and control loop performances with your fingertips, and dedicated volume faders allow you to mix loop levels on the fly. Each track can have its own playback mode (multi, single, one-shot, reverse, etc.) and tempo sync settings, providing an unlimited range of creative looping behaviors.
99 phrase memories provide onboard storage for phrase track data, various playback and effects settings, and more. A combination of frequently used settings can be saved as a User Set, which you can easily load to quickly reconfigure any phrase memory, even in the heat of performing. 85 different onboard rhythms offer backing for loop recording, with a large selection of odd-measure beats for advanced looping. The rhythm part can be routed to the rear-panel Phones jack only, giving you a dedicated click track for monitoring purposes. With the Version 2.0 update, it’s possible to route individual phrase tracks to the headphones as well.
With the RC-505’s large selection of built-in effects, it’s easy to enhance your sounds as you perform. Input FX allow you to process the sound during loop recording, while Track FX provide further processing options for phrase playback. Six dedicated on/off buttons—three each for Input FX and Track FX—can be loaded with your favorite effects, while grab-and-go knobs let you tweak parameters such as filter cutoff and effect depth in real time. With the Version 2.0 update, the assigned effects can now be used simultaneously, and newly added effects types offer even more processing options to choose from. Global compressor and reverb effects are also on hand, perfect for adding some finishing polish to the overall sound.
- Tabletop Loop Station that can be operated with the hands, perfect for beatboxers, vocalists, and club performers
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks, with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Wide range of Input FX and Track FX for processing loops, including DJ and sampler-style effects
- Independent play mode and tempo sync settings enable a flexible combination of track behaviors and advanced performance options
- 99 phrase memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- 85 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- External control via MIDI and optional footswitches or expression pedal
- USB for phrase import/export and DAW integration with computers
- XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo aux input
- Up to three effects can be used simultaneously in both the Input FX and Track FX sections
- New effects types, including Ring Modulator, Slow Gear, Pitch Bend, and others
- Extended parameters added to previous effects, including dotted and triplet note values for tempo syncing
- New targets for external foot control, ideal for musicians who play guitar, keyboards, and other instruments
- Assign functions have been increased from 8 to 16, providing expanded performance control via the front panel, external footswitches, expression pedal, and MIDI
- Enhanced Phrase Memory functions such as individual track monitoring via headphones, quantized loop recording, and more
- Added system functions, including loop indicator status settings and more
Item shown: Boss RC-505 Loop Station
Model #: RC-505