Introducing iRig MIDI 2, the first Lightning/USB compatible mobile MIDI interface that works with all generations of iOS devices, Android (via optional OTG to Mini-DIN cable) as well as Mac and PC. It features everything you loved about iRig MIDI but with even greater pocketability, connectivity and control. Simply put, it’s the perfect MIDI solution for the musician on the move.
As we’ve said, iRig MIDI 2 is the first portable MIDI interface that’s compatible with Apple’s Lightning cable. This, however, does not come at the expense of universal support. At the center of iRig MIDI 2 is its detachable Mini-DIN connector, which lets you attach a Lightning (included), USB (included), OTG to Mini-DIN (optional), 30-pin (optional) cable depending on the mobile device or computer that you’d like to use. Now you have the flexibility to use MIDI with whatever device you want, anytime, and anywhere.
iRig MIDI 2 is small, but it can be made even smaller when all of its cables are detached. Because of its Mini-DIN connector, you can remove all cables for extreme portability: Now you have something that you can easily carry with you in your pocket to any gig, performance, studio or jam session. In addition, all iRig MIDI 2 cables are bumper friendly, which means you can connect and start jamming without having to remove your mobile device’s protective carrying case.
Like iRig MIDI before it, iRig MIDI 2 features three MIDI ports: IN, OUT and THRU. But this time around the ports are standard-sized and require no adaptor or special cable to use — in fact, you can use any standard MIDI cable you’d like. These ports give you all the control and connectivity that MIDI allows: Use the IN port to use external keyboards and controllers to play your favorite software sound modules and synthesizers. Use the OUT port to control external hardware or synthesizers from your mobile device or computer. And you can use the THRU port to send MIDI data to multiple instruments at once. Monitoring MIDI data with iRig MIDI 2 is easy, it comes with two LEDs that give you an at-a-glance readout of the note data as it passes through the IN and OUT ports.
- Universal MIDI interface for Lightning iOS devices as well as all prior generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Android and Mac/PC
- Ultra-portable, pocket-sized form factor that you can take with you anywhere
- Detachable bumper-friendly cables for seamless, universal connectivity
- Lighting connector and USB cable included, OTG to Mini-DIN and 30-pin cable available separately
- Standard-sized MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports
- MIDI IN/OUT LED indicators for at-a-glance monitoring of MIDI data transmission
- Draws power from host device instead of a bulky power adaptor
- Can be used with Android devices via OTG to Mini-DIN cable
- Comes with SampleTank FREE iOS and iGrand Piano FREE apps (download from the App store)
- Comes with free Mac/PC virtual instrument: SampleTank 3 SE (download from IK User Area)
- Comes with iGrand Piano FREE and iLectric Piano FREE for Android (download from Google Play or Samsung Galaxy Apps)
- Elegant and durable rubberized enclosure
- Designed and made in Modena, Italy
Model #: IP-IRIG-MIDI2