Meet the Katana-Air, the world’s first totally wireless guitar amplifier. Featuring new cutting-edge wireless guitar technology developed by BOSS, the Katana-Air gives you the freedom to jam and practice without hassling with guitar cables. And with support for battery operation, there’s no need to plug into AC either, so you can literally play anywhere!
Though compact in size, the Katana-Air is serious about sound quality. Equipped with pro amp tones and effects from the performance-class Katana amplifiers, this wireless wonder delivers premium guitar sounds for any style of music. To further extend the cable-free experience, you can wirelessly edit and organize sounds with a dedicated app and jam with songs streamed from your smartphone. With the innovative Katana-Air and your favorite axe, casual playing has never been more convenient and inspiring.
With its premium Katana sound engine and wireless operation, the Katana-Air makes it easy to enjoy rich, dynamic guitar tones—complete with advanced BOSS effects—anytime and anywhere. And that means you’ll play more often, improve your skills, and have more fun. When you want to jam at home, there’s no need to set up your big rig or rely on the dry, boxy sound of a mini practice amp. Just plug the Katana-Air’s transmitter into your guitar and riff with great sound from anywhere in the room! Thanks to its portable size and ability to run on batteries, the Katana-Air is an equally great companion for travel, parties, jam sessions with friends, and more.
Whenever the inspiration strikes, the Katana-Air is always ready to go. It operates in standby mode to conserve energy when idle, and instantly wakes when the transmitter senses motion. This means that you can leave the transmitter connected to your guitar, and then turn the amp on simply by picking up the instrument! And when you stop playing, the transmitter returns to standby mode to conserve your charge. In addition, the transmitter automatically establishes the optimum wireless connection when docked for charging, so there’s no complicated setup required.
The Katana-Air also includes a stereo headphones/recording output with guitar cabinet simulation. This lets you directly record pro-quality amp tones and effects in music production software, and enjoy inspiring stereo sound when practicing quietly with headphones. It’s even possible to adjust the cab simulation’s mic position with the Air Feel control in the BOSS Tone Studio app.
The Katana-Air is a true stereo amplifier with two custom-tuned speakers and up to 30 watts of total power, delivering big, rich sound for both guitar amplification and full-range music reproduction. Over Bluetooth, you can stream music from your mobile device and play along with popular songs, backing tracks, YouTube lessons, and more. And when you just want to kick back, the Katana-Air performs double-duty as a high-quality mobile Bluetooth speaker for enjoying tunes from your music library.
- Totally wireless guitar amplifier with newly developed BOSS technology delivers rock-solid sound with ultra-low latency
- Compact wireless transmitter plugs into various kinds of electric guitars and charges while docked in the amp *1
- Transmitter provides 12 hours of playing time on a single charge, and automatically enters standby mode to conserve the charge when no activity is detected
- Always ready to play, with motion sensing technology in the transmitter that instantly wakes the amp from power-saving standby mode
- Premium tones derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, with five unique amp characters and access to over 50 world-class BOSS effects
- Six onboard memories for storing favorite amp and effects setups
- Powerful stereo speaker system with full-range sound and up to 30 watts of power *2
- Edit and organize tones wirelessly with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Play along with music streamed wirelessly from a mobile device via Bluetooth®
- Amplifier powered by eight AA-size batteries or included AC adapter
- Aux in for connecting wired devices, plus headphones/recording out for silent practice and music production
Item shown: Boss KTN-AIR Guitar Amplifier
Model #: KTN-AIR