The K3™ Coating is the first coating that players report, “sounds as good or better than uncoated strings.” DR’s new, remarkable, proprietary and patented #8487168 K3™ Technology Coating is the first coating that makes no apologies and no excuses for not delivering sound equal to uncoated strings. Players tell us that these strings have more volume, less unwanted overtones, greater clarity and articulation then standard, uncoated strings. Yet, they provide the same protection due to corrosion and perspiration as well as increased tone life that coated strings are known for.
- Gauge: Medium (5-String)
- Hand-made with black polymer coat
- Signature crisp tone, clarity, and volume of DR’s traditional handmade strings
- Super-thin coating on the plain strings and on the wrap wire
- Extended string life
- The wrap wire is coated before the string is wound
- This coating includes a corrosion inhibiting lacquer for extra protection against damaging substances such as perspiration, dirt