Exhibits many of the same characteristics as the EL34, but with a power output of roughly 5-8 watts. Very creamy and smooth; used in many modern class “A” amps. Nearly every modern tube amp company produces a small amp, and Groove Tubes EL84’s are a perfect upgrade for any stock tube in these amps. Great for recording and rehearsal; with a soft and tactile touch, rich harmonic response and pleasingly musical top end.
A solid performer — good quality and long lasting. Tends to be a little more aggressive and edgy when pushed into overdrive. This version is a little brighter, but still has a nice smooth top end.
- Duet of EL84-S tubes rated from power range 1-10
- Each duet is matched and biased to a specific output level (R2, R7, etc.)
- R1-R3 = Low: Early distortion, wide range, softer attack good for Rock and Blues solos
- R4-R7 = Medium: Normal performance, great dynamic range/attack and best all around rating type for all styles of playing
- R8-R10 = High: Most dynamic range, most clean power/less break-up for power players, Jazz and bass amps
Please review item descriptions to ensure proper ordering.